MEPT seeks to strengthen the activities of civil society in favour of Education for All, thus contributing to the spread of its positive experiences and designing joint activities in the field of education.
MEPT is a forum bringing together NGOs, associations and individuals who work or are interested in education.
The organisation was formed in 1999 and is a member of the Africa Network Campaign on Education for All (ANCEFA) and the Global Campaign on Education for All (GCE). It also implements the Global Action Week on Education.
This is a national organisation with representation in all provinces in the country. Its head office is in the city of Maputo, at Av. Mao Tse Tung, 622, 1st floor.
Joint activities with IBIS:
- Establishing and implementing a structured basis for advocacy at national level;
- Implementing public information campaigns and lobbying at national level;
- Clarifying the role of MEPT and the functions of its constituent members;
- Monitoring and evaluation of advocacy and lobbying campaigns at provincial and national levels;
- Strengthening MEPT capacity for coordination at provincial and district levels;
- Monitoring the implementation of public policies and investments in the education sector.
Principal results from partnership with IBIS:
- Institutional capacity building of MEPT: building capacity of secretariat in regard to organisational decelopment and administrative and financial management
- Carrying out provincial meetings and the General Assembly
- Preparing the statutes and administrative and electoral regulations of MEPT
- Two training seminars in budget monitoring, one in Maputo and one in Zambézia
- Support for Global Campaign on Education for All - implementation and monitoring of campaign activities
Duration of partnership with IBIS: In process of renewal of agreeent
Budget agreed with IBIS: In process of renewal of agreeent
(The first partnership ran from April1, 2010 to February 28, 2011 and had the following budget: 45,000 EUR)